busy boy quilt


Here's the latest quilt I just finished last night. For a baby boy born in January! I think I realized why I love to make quilts -- to be able to sit down on the couch and watch tv for a couple hours to attach the binding by hand. I love it! I think I would attaching binding all day long if I could. No kidding...


The fabrics came mostly from fabricworm.com which I had gotten last summer. Thanks goodness a baby boy was born so I could dive in and use it up! I love the Alexander Henry 2D zoo print so much for babies, and I'm glad to see they put out a couple more color ways, yippie.


I decided I should name the quilt the busy boy quilt because I think the fabrics are a little busy. I actually got a little disoriented when I was quilting it, the fabrics seemed to blur together. But I think it'll be okay, it should see a lot of tummy time action and keep the baby entertained for a bit - maybe.


Just for fun I'm tucking in a couple onesies I had made a while back, hopefully the little guy will get to wear them a bit - after all it's still very much winter here.