coffee cozy

mmm, coffee. Actually, I love mochas. There's something about them - a special treat I don't get everyday. I can say that I loved this project. It was so fun putting together different scraps to make this coffee cozy. I used the tutorial by House on Hill Road. (tutorial is a downloadable PDF on her sidebar)


It was my sister-in-law's birthday on Saint Patrick's Day, and coincidence or not, her favorite color is green. Plus, she loves coffee. I'm so glad when I saw this post over at Hazelnuts - it reminded me that's what I wanted to make her for her birthday!


So as part of her present I made this cozy and got a gift card for her to Caribou Coffee.  And asked for a empty cup and lid when I bought the card.  I tucked the gift card inside the cup and put a little note on top saying 'Open me'.  Glad you like it Lydia!