rocking chair redux

I had the opportunity of recovering a cushion for an heirloom rocking chair for a new friend.  It was her husband's rocking chair as a boy, and they were now passing it on to their son (who's a cuter than cute 18 months).  The only problem was that the cover was pretty well used and outdated!  While they restored the rocker, I took my time and made a new cushion for the rocker plus a little extra something I just couldn't resist - a teeney boy pillow. 


I chose a great (and super durable) cotton denim chambray that I scored from fabric.com.  It's not listed anymore, but they do have some other intersting chambrays here.  I juse went off the dimensions of the old cushion and armrests and this is how it came out!  It'll be great for this little boy's room espeically since it's completely washable.  And you would have laughed if you saw me shoving this cushion through my machine - it was maxed out!


And get this!  I made my own pillow form.  It was actually pretty fun because I had Natalie help me stuff it.  This little cutie measures 10 x 10.  The pillow cover is linen and some Katie Jump Rope.  Perfect for a boy I'd say.