abacus


This is a creative adventure my husband took on recently.  He did it all on his own, how cute is that?  Anyway, his goal for the summer is to teach our almost 4 year old to count to 100.  Pretty ambitious, but I think it'll be a great opportunity for them to hang out and learn together.  Apparently, and I have yet to verify this from my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws, my husband learned to count to 100 when he was five. 


Back to the creativeness of this project.  He took an old broken ladder of ours and turned it into this abacus!  He cut and sanded down each of these little 'pebbles' as he likes to call them and painted them and rearranged them by 10 onto the ladder.  Pretty cool I'd say.  Now sure, you can buy an abacus for pretty reasonable at just about any toy store, but this is just too sweet.


Also, I just want to also say thank you for all of you who left such sweet comments on my gathered clutch tutorial.  It's nice to feel such awesome support!  Can't wait for more fun stuff to come...