spring top week entry 3


This is my last and final entry for Made by Rae's Spring Top Week.  I do have one more top lurking on my sewing desk right now, but it's just not going to happen for the contest.  I thought I could squeeze it out because I've made a dress from the same pattern before, but I realized this morning it's requiring too much seam ripping, argh!


So this is the top I did finish last night. 


I used Joel Dewberry's latest line: Modern Meadow.  I think this top will be a good one to wear with khaki pants or shorts.  I usually don't pick navy blue in any of my fabrics, so the one fabric I did pair it with was some scraps of chambray.


I do recommend this top for beginners, it's very easy to understand and comes together pretty quickly.  I had made a version of this top last year and it was way too big and so this time I went with a size 8 even though according to my measurements, I should have made a size 14.