baby boy crib set

Whoa there! Don't get all hyped up, it's not for me. I'm so loving how this project turned out and that it's finished. I totally forgot how much fabric and how much time a innocent little crib set could take up. But this was made with pure joy for my brother and his wife who are expecting a baby boy in early September.


I was so happy when I heard the good news and one of the first things that popped into my head was: "yay, I get to make all kinds of fun baby stuff!".

Their nursery is too cute already, the walls are a really fun green and some of the furniture is already set up (from the lovely Ikea of course). I can't wait to see it with the crib and bedding in it!! Their shower isn't until the 26th, so I'm excited about the big reveal.


Of course I have a few other items to make and I'll just have to keep you posted as those get finished.



The fabrics are Robert Kaufmann's Monaluna, Robert Kaufmann basic stripes, some Heather Bailey Nicey Jane, and three prints from the Freebird collection by Moda! Dots and stripes were the request so dots and stripes it was.


As a side note: I had a fun time on this photo shoot. You really can't appreciate crib bedding unless it's actually on a crib. So with that in mind, I had to set up the crib again, luckily we still had it stashed away in our attic. The room the pics were taken is actually my living room, but doesn't it seem like a nice cozy nursery?! :)