black and white bag

I didn't really intend this bag to be all black and white, but I love the fabrics! I know, who do I think I am, Mila from Project Runway? (hehehe, I wish)

| Practical Bag Pattern from Tanya Whelan Grand Revival Designs |

I love the simplicity of the bag, but yet it's so stylish. I ended up reducing the size of the pattern down to 80% because I didn't want it to be so big that I couldn't find whatever I needed in a hurry.


I also added a magnetic snap and used canvas for interfacing to make it a little more substantial.


Now that I've been using it for a bit, I really love it. No more dives to the bottom of the bag to find stale cheerios or crumpled up receipts from four months ago! I definitely think I'm going to try the full size pattern and have that handy for trips to the pool this summer.